Your complete program includes tools and practical exercises. You’ll learn the secrets of framing roofs, exterior and interior walls, floors, windows, doors, installation and much more.
Program Goal: To prepare students for an entry-level career as a carpenter in the residential and light commercial construction fields.
Upon completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Outline design techniques and principles in the production and interpretation of basic blueprints and architectural drawings to follow specifications and meet the needs of clients
- Describe composition and usage of construction materials and the processes and tools required for assembly
- List measurement methods and mathematical processes necessary to prepare and implement construction-related projects
- Determine quantities and sizes of construction materials and their related installation processes by applying formulas
- Recall established rules and regulations related to the workplace and project requirements
- Recognize how to solve problems by adjusting project plans including types and installation methods of materials and related equipment
Upon Graduation You’ll Receive:
(Sent to you when all program requirements and financial obligations have been met.)
• Finish Carpentry
• Smart Business for Contractors
Instruction Set 1
Instruction Set 2
Instruction Set 3
Equipment: Architect's Scale and Construction Print Set. Supplement: How to Read an Architect's Scale. Textbook: Carpentry & Building Construction 1st edition, McGraw Hill
Instruction Set 4
Textbook: Foundations and Concrete Work.
Instruction Set 5
Instruction Set 6
Instruction Set 7
Textbook: Drywall, Professional Techniques for Walls and Ceilings. Supplement: Work Experience Option.