Heating, air conditioning and refrigeration units — large and small — always need repairs and maintenance. With more and more people building houses or renovating old homes, there is a constant need for qualified Heating, Ventilation, Air-Conditioning, and Refrigeration (HVACR)Technicians. Train at home and prepare for a job in this exciting field. Work for a repair shop or start your own — whatever you do, you’ll have the skills for the job.
- Earn your Career Diploma at home in as little as 5to 6 months
- Prepare for EPA Certification. You’ll get the complete Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Certification Preparation kit when you graduate from your program, so you can qualify for this nationally recognized certification.
Your New Skills
You’ll learn every important part of being an HVACR Technician.
- Learn refrigerant, heating, cooling, and other systems
- Types and designs of electric motors
- The nature of electricity.
Program Goal: To prepare students for an entry-level career as an HVACR technician in the residential and light construction field.
Upon completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Comprehend mathematical processes and use of formulas necessary for design, evaluation, and installation of HVACR systems
- Understand composition and usage of HVACR materials, equipment, and tools required for installation and diagnostic tasks
- Recognize safety procedures and established regulations related to workplace and job requirements
- Understand the refrigeration cycle, gas laws, and properties of refrigerants required for diagnostic and systems design
- Comprehend drawings, technical diagrams, and specification charts required for installation and repair of HVACR systems
- Understand theories and processes for evaluating and installing electrical systems and controls
- Comprehend procedures for installing, inspecting, testing, repairing, and maintaining HVACR systems
- Recognize procedures for following government regulations regarding the conservation, recovery, and recycling of refrigerants
- Know procedures for following government regulations regarding the conservation, recovery, and recycling of refrigerants
Instruction Set 1
Instruction Set 2
Instruction Set 3
Instruction Set 4
Instruction Set 5
Instruction Set 6
Instruction Set 7
Instruction Set 8