This program is ideal for administrators, supervisors, managers and staff who need to know how to manage it and personnel, and use computer systems; and is perfect for anyone looking for a good job in it.
This Program explains the capabilities and benefits of computer systems, and about computer and IT technology, hardware, software, backups and computer-based communication. It explains the role of computers in planning, forecasting, analysis and business decisions, and covers designing, selecting, implementing and running computer systems to meet organization needs. It also covers the management of staff and colleagues who use computer systems, data security, and the general management of IT.
Summary of Major Topics
- Computers and technology in business.
- Computer systems and IT as aids to management and administration and as a decision-making tool.
- The functions and duties of management, the technical and human aspects.
- Human factors in IT and management.
- Computer technology development, the characteristics of computers; mass technology.
- The advantages and limitations of computers.
- Digital information, computer hardware, the CPU, interfacing, memory, bootstrapping, storage.
- Input and output devices.
- Understanding technology and how it works; understanding digital information.
- Operating systems, programming tools, computer languages, codes, applications.
- Information flows, security, location.
- Hardware systems, software operations; data orthogonality, programming.
- Management information systems, using software: forecasts, modelling, graphs, competitor and market analysis.
- Understanding and using business intelligence.
- Computers and communications, communication devices, protocols, networks, the internet – its uses and how it works, IPs, URLs.
- Practical uses of computer systems: accounting and financial systems, in property, hotels, insurance, retail, production, sales and other businesses and administrative uses.
- Digital and print media technologies.
- Traditional word processing and desk-top publishing.
- Publishing software, digital media, websites and website design and production.
- Objectives of computerisation; requirements and specifications.
- Defining, choosing and implementing a computer system; delivering and testing a system.
- Project management approaches to computer and IT systems, from concept to operation.
- Quality assurance with computer systems.
- The efficient running and maintenance of an IT system.
- Ensuring business continuity, planning for problems and failures. Back-up systems, disaster recovery, dealing with a cyber-attack, physical security.
- Setting and managing passwords and data access systems.
0.00 average based on 0 ratings