Office Administration is a Business Education subject concerned with the study of administrative principles, policies, procedures and technological competencies governing the modern office environment. The content and teaching strategies used reflect current trends in the modern office. The syllabus aims to provide students with knowledge, skills and attitudes for immediate access to entry-level positions such as administrative assistants, clerical assistants, receptionists, record management clerks, accounting clerks and factory and dispatch clerks and other related positions.
The syllabus adopts a practical approach, aimed at equipping students with the technical and professional skills to perform effectively, and for mobility as administrative support personnel within an organisation. Further, it seeks to nurture and improve students’ social and personal management skills and foster the development of a positive work ethic. In addition, the syllabus provides the foundation for students desirous of furthering their education in other related fields.
CSEC Office Administration Curriculum
- Section I: Office Orientation
- Section II: Communication
- Section III: Recruitment and Orientation
- Section IV: Records and Information Management
- Section V: Reception and Hospitality
- Section VI: Meetings
- Section VII: Travel Arrangements
- Section VIII: Human Resources Management
- Section IX: Accounts and Financial Services
- Section X: Procurement and Inventory Management
- Section XI: Sales, Marketing and Customer Service
- Section XII: Operations, Despatch and Transport services