Learn how to manage and control health and safety issues and ensure a safe working environment for all staff, employees and others in the workplace.
This Program teaches employers, management and appointed personnel how to organise and put in place a safe work environment and to ensure the health, safety and security of personnel and others in the workplace.
The Program teaches and explains how to conduct risk assessments and to identify hazards and risks and explains many types and categories of risks in many workplaces including construction sites, schools, restaurants, hotels, factories and stores – and how to overcome them.
Implementing the knowledge taught and advice given in this Program will help avoid accidents which can affect employees and employers and help avoid injury, reduced output, accident investigation and legal costs.
The Program deals with accident-prevention actions, risk assessment and implementation of health and safety rules and measures.
MAJOR TOPICS COVERED IN THIS DIPLOMA PROGRAM INCLUDE:
- Managing workplace health & safety; legal matters, responsibilities; hazards, risk assessment, policy.
- Workplace safety, buildings, environs, layout, housekeeping, equipment.
- Accident prevention, avoiding trips and falls.
- Fire safety: ignition sources, fuel, oxygen, combustible materials.
- Fire risk assessment, eliminating fire hazards, precautions, fire extinguishers.
- Working at height, ladders, mobile platforms, roof work.
- Building & construction sites, traffic, waste.
- Equipment: training, hazards and dangers, safety guards, controls.
- Equipment positioning and layout, space, maintenance, tools, gas, pressure.
- Transport, route planning, movement of vehicles, planning aisles.
- Materials handling equipment, systems, training, supervising operators.
- Electricity, current, circuits, conductors, insulators, power, hazards.
- Noise, vibrations, risks, potential damages, machinery and precautions, controlling noise.
- Hazardous and explosive substances, storage of dangerous substances.
- Radiation: risks and exposure, machines with radioactivity risks.
- Occupational skin diseases, causes, prevention
- Catering, kitchens, food preparation, cleaning and hygiene.
- Potential injuries in kitchens, dermatitis worries, premises management, H & S officers.
- Psychological health, stress, job design, counselling.
- HR policy, harassment, bullying and equal opportunity.
- Educational establishments, hazards, injuries, school grounds, supervisors, staff, fire, medical facilities, stairs.
- Health protection, first aid, accident control; liability insurance.
Health & Safety in the Workplace
- Module 1 – Managing Health & Safety in the Workplace
- Module 2 – Providing a Safe Place to Work In
- Module 3 – General Fire Safety
- Module 4 – Working at Height, Building & Construction Work
- Module 5 – Safe Use of Equipment in the Workplace
- Module 6 – Transport in the Workplace and Materials Handling
- Module 7 – Safe Use of Electricity in the Workplace, Noise and Vibration Issues
- Module 8 – Hazardous Substances and Dangerous Radiations in the Workplace
- Module 9 – Health & Safety in Kitchens and Eating Places
- Module 10 – Psychological Health Hazards in the Workplace
- Module 11 – Health and Safety in Educational Establishments
- Module 12 – Health Protection, First Aid, Equipment, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)