Without sound classroom skills even the most talented teacher will fail to achieve their teaching goals; this program shows how implementing modern pro-active practices and classroom structure improves teaching and makes you a more successful teacher.
This Program teaches how to become an exceptional teacher, to manage classrooms to support, motivate and encourage students, achieve academic improvement and prevent misbehaviour. It is filled with practical advice and strategies for managing classes, student behaviour and psychology, discipline, teaching style, lesson-planning and student safety. It combines the best practices of general and special education for managing students, including those who are culturally diverse and those with special needs.
MAJOR TOPICS COVERED IN THIS DIPLOMA PROGRAM INCLUDE:
EDUCATION, TEACHERS, PUPILS, CLASSES, CURRICULUM.
- Classroom management, community, rules, trust.
- Educational psychology, student needs, Maslow.
- Student motivation, motives, intrinsic and extrinsic.
- Student achievement, involvement, engagement.
- Improving learning, memory and attention, methods.
- Student backgrounds, cultural, social, economic.
- Standardised and blended teaching, critical thinking.
- Teaching styles, the right style, teacher behaviour.
- Cooperative, passive and active learning, themes.
- Planning and preparing lessons, aims, outcomes.
- Assessments, grading, corrections, comments.
- Discipline, misbehaviour, conflict, teacher response.
- Student learning difficulties, IT and media in teaching.
- School security, health & safety, accident prevention.